The functions of the Internal Audit Section are to:
- Study the trustworthiness, and effectiveness of the financial system and the organisation’s internal control;
- Study the level of compliance to all policies, laws, regulations and instructions that are being enforced;
- Study whether all organisation’s activities are being managed economically, efficiently and effectively;
- Study that assets and the organisation’s interests are being protected from theft, and fraud;
- Give advice with regards to Financial Management Systems;
- Function as an Internal Auditor in ministries/departments/local authorities where there is no Internal Audit Unit; and
- Report to Chief Executive (Audit) on the audit findings and to take follow-up actions on the matters arising.