The objective of the Internal Audit Section is to:
- Improve and to firm up practices and procedures that are currently available in the system (to prevent weaknesses and abuse);
- Help in the management of the state government’s agencies in terms of financial management, maintaining accounting records in an orderly manner and to adhere to all policies, laws, procedures and regulations that are currently being enforced;
- Help in the management of state government’s agencies to ensure that all programmes and operations are being implemented economically, efficiently and effectively;
- Help state government’s agencies to avoid/minimise wastages in spending of allocation;
- Help state government’s agencies to increase revenue;
- Study reports by National Audit Department to ensure all reported issues were taken action and settled accordingly.